Shawn Tubbs gives a quick demo of the Boss Katana KTN50 and cycles through most of the different effects and settings. To showcase the unique features and specs of this amp. With 50 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana KTN50 delivers a commanding range of gig-worthy tones that gracefully slice through any band scenario. The amp also excels for home playing, with a uniquely efficient design and innovative Power Control that provides inspiring sound and response at low volumes. In addition, the Katana KTN50 includes integrated access to 55 Boss effects, which offer customization using the free Boss Tone Studio editor software. Up to 15 different effects can be configured in the amp at one time, enabling you to bring fully prepared tones to the stage in one amp.
Sharpened to perfection by the Boss engineering team, the Katana KNT50’s five amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character only further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
No More Pedal Board
With its built-in Boss effects and Tone Settings, the Katana-50 lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Gone are the days of having to lug along a pedal board with the rest of your gear. As an added bonus the Boss Tone Studio provides access to 55 effects that are fully customizable for your needs. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb. The selection also includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and more. You can load 15 different effects in the amp at one time and use up to three simultaneously. Two tone Settings let you store custom amp and effects setups for instant recall, and you can always jump to the current panel settings at the touch of a button. Optional foot-switches and expression pedals are also available to provide hands free rig control.
Boss Katana KTN50 Guitar Amplifier Features
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from 55 effects with customization in the Boss Tone Studio editor software
- Store 15 different effects on board, with three effects available simultaneously
- Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Two memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at Boss Tone Central