Friedman Amps is a company that has been behind the signature tone of numerous rock icons throughout the years. Artists including Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, and Jerry Cantrell. Dave Friedman is the madman behind the scenes of the amps delivering those signature tones of rock icons. Dave is an absolute master of his craft and has spent a good majority of his life building, modding and repairing amps for the worlds biggest names.
Why Friedman Amps?
Friedman Amps offers innovative designs and meticulous construction that pays close attention to detail. This is one of the reasons he is a legend in the world of professional touring musicians. Additionally, that attention to detail has earned him a loyal clientele from all over the world. What is that old adage? Don’t fix it if it’s not broke. Friedman Amps are not broke, so there is nothing to fix or change. One of Friedman’s cornerstones has been modifying amps to each player’s specific tonal palette. Dave will consult with other established amplifier companies as well to improve their own designs. Now let’s check out some of the goods Friedman has to offer, shall we?
The BE-50 Deluxe is a 3 channel, 50 watts, hand wired powerhouse! Dave combined the tonal pallet of the BE and HBE circuits with the sparkling cleans of the Buxom Betty to create the BE-50 Deluxe. By far the most flexible design yet, this amp is chock full of tone-shaping possibilities and power.
- 50/25-Watt all tube head
- Three channels
- Handwired in the USA
- 2 x EL34 power tubes
- 4 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- SAT, FAT, Bright, and Voice switches create a multitude of unique textures
- Gain Structure switch lowers overall gain
- Clean Ch – Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble
- BE Ch – Gain 1, Master 1, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with HBE Ch)
- HBE Ch – Gain 2, Master 2, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with ch BE Ch)
- The ultra-transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16-ohm Impedance selector switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions: 8.75″ (D) x 26.75″ (W) x 11″ (H)
- Weight: 30.5 lbs.
Want Friedman sound in a small, compact and lightweight format?! Well my friends, look no further. I would like to introduce to you the Pink Taco. This 20 Watt head is a single channel fire breather. Play numerous styles ranging from blues all the way to heavy metal. Tight bottom end and mid-range the likes of a much larger amp.
- 20 watt All-Tube Head
- Single Channel
- Hand-wired in the USA
- Preamp Tubes: 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2x EL84
- EQ: Bass, Middle, Treble, Master, Gain
- Speaker Outs: 1×16 ohm, 2×8 ohm
- Ultra Transparent Series Effects Loop
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Size: 8.5″(H), 18″ (W) , 8″ (D)
- Weight: 19.6 lbs.
The Friedman ASC-10 powered cabinet was designed and voiced with today’s modern guitarist in mind. Since guitar amp modelers and profilers including Kemper Profiler, Line 6 HD Series, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx and others are becoming more and more popular. The ASC-12 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you to get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications.
- Configuration: 10” 2-Way Active cabinet for use with modelers/profilers
- Assembly: Made in the USA using premium worldwide components
- Low-Frequency Transducer: Celestion – 10” TF1025E woofer
- High-Frequency Transducer: Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1” voice coil
- Frequency Range: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 58Hz -18kHz
- High-Frequency Dispersion: Optical Wave Guide
- Maximum peak SPL: 129dB
- Power Output: LF: 270Wrms Class G / HF: 80Wrms Class AB+B
- Maximum total burst power: 500W
- Input Impedance: 20k Ohm Balanced / 10k Ohm Unbalanced
- Electronic Crossover: 4th orderHome
- Low Cut Filer (switchable): 3rd order Butterworth at 100Hz
Built in the USA, the must-have BE-OD overdrive pedal is desired by enthusiasts worldwide. The BE-OD overdrive pedal captures the tone of the now legendary Friedman BE-100 amplifier which has graced the stages of world-class musicians the world over.
The BE-OD Deluxe pedal employs the exact same circuit but adds another channel and dual midrange controls. The top row (Channel 1) is identical to the original BE-OD pedal while Dave voiced the bottom row (Channel 2) with slightly lower gain.
The Dirty Shirley Overdrive packs the same intuitive control set as the amplifier, allowing you to dial in your perfect shade of rock in no time. The Friedman Dirty Shirley all-tube amp is well known for being one of the most flexible and touch-responsive single-channel amplifiers on the market.
Like its namesake the Buxom Betty amp head, the Buxom Boost pedal pushes a pure, clean signal to conjure the absolute most from your tone. Turning the boost control is your ticket to volume increase, pushing the front of your amp for thick harmonic overdrive, or balancing between two guitars with varying output.
The Golden Pearl is a must-have pedal for any guitar player. The Friedman Golden Pearl is a transparent, lower gain overdrive pedal designed to push already overdriven amps into seductive saturation. This versatile pedal can also be used into a clean amp to achieve that elusive semi-broken up tone.
If you’re addicted to Fuzz pedals, the Fuzz Fiend may be the ultimate fix. Unlike many pedals that strive to emulate the tone and signal path of a tube using solid-state or digital circuitry, the Friedman Fuzz Fiend has an actual high voltage (220 volts) driven 12AX7A preamp tube.
Dial in your ideal wah tone with the incredible Friedman No More Tears Gold-72 Wah! This great pedal delivers the classic wah tones you crave with the ability to fine-tune the pedal’s feel and character tone.
A thoughtful design, robust build quality, and the perfect size for most players’ needs, the Friedman Tour Pro 1520 is most likely the last pedal-board you’ll ever need to buy! Included is a high-quality bag that will withstand the rigors of the road as well as all the mounting accessories you need.
Click Here to check out Friedman Amps!