Victory Amps are born in England where they are designed and built by a committed team of engineers and craftspeople. As we all know, British amps have quite the reputation and these are no exception. As a company, they value simplicity in operation, flexibility in use and never compromise in tone. You might be saying to yourself, but every amp maker says similar things… what makes Victory Amps better? Well, that is an easy answer. They create amplifiers that inspire you in your playing and never let you down. Get tone anywhere from glassy clean, classic rock crunch that is infamous to British amps, all the way to heavy brutal gains more akin to an American amp. Quality and versatility are really what make these amps stand out.
Their head designer, Martin Kidd, is well known in British amplification circles. He heads up a modern-boutique approach to design and specification. Victory Amps use meticulously hand-wired tag boards where they offer the biggest tonal benefits and printed circuit boards where they make the most sense. One thing is always true to their amps, they never compromise on components, from caps and resistors, pots and switches, right through to our custom designed transformers. Martin goes out of his way to design the best sounding amp possible, so you get the best bang for your buck.
Victory Amps always deliver excellent value for money. That’s partly because they’re designed and built to sound great and be professionally roadworthy. Victory does not use third-party distribution channels. They have their amps shipped directly from the manufacturing facility to dealers. This enables them to keep prices extremely competitive when compared with other boutique and custom builders. AMS is happy to welcome Victory Amps to the family, now let’s check out these amps!
More Power, More Control! The Super Kraken amp head allows you to progressively add a small amount of gain to the guitar signal but will allow for high-headroom clean sounds. The Kraken has morphed into an even more powerful beast via 100 massive watts of 6L6 power.
- Format: Two-channel/three-mode all-valve head
- Power: High power: 100 Watts. Low Power: 30 Watts
- Valves: 4 x ECC83, (12AX7), 4 x 6L6 or EL34
- Size (mm): 480(w) x 235(h) x 235(d) including handle and feet (unboxed)
- Weight: 12.5kg / 27.5lbs Unboxed. 16kg / 35.2lbs Boxed.
The Duchess produces all the elusive, vintage pushed clean and drive sounds you love for anything from blues to roots and rock’n’roll. This single-channel, an all-valve amp is all about maximum tone with minimum confusion, housed in the same light and portable chassis as our award-winning V30 The Countess.
- Format: Single channel head
- Power: 42 Watts,
- Low Power: 7 Watts,
- High Power Single-Ended: 1.5 Watts,
- Low Power Single-Ended: 0.5 Watts
- Valves: 3 x 12AX7, 2 x EL34 as standard
- Size (mm): 342(w) x 185(h) x 185(d) including handle, feet & controls
- Weight: 8.2kg / 18.1lbs
The V30MKII amp head provides maximum clean headroom when you want a natural valve overdrive to your tone or take it to Crunch territory so the guitar breaks up earlier allowing for crunchy rhythm playing.
- Format: Two-channel, three-mode head
- Footswitch: Channel change/Crunch and Nomod
- Clean Channel High Power: 42 Watts
- Clean Channel Low Power: 7 Watts
- OD Channel High Power: 37 Watts
- OD Channel Low Power: 6 Watts
- Valves: 4 x 12AX7, 2 x 6L6 as standard
- Size (WxHxD): 13.5 x 7.25 x 7.25 inches (342 x 185 x 185 mm)
- Weight: 8.2kg / 18.1lbs
Yielding that classic big, bold EL34-driven amp tone, the dual-channel Victory Sheriff 44 is all about British overdrive sounds! Blues-rock players will love the mid-’60s-style feel and response of Input/Volume I, with enough gain to sing but also clean up well off the guitar. Input/Volume II takes off into hot-rodded ’70s and ’80s territory and beyond, retaining that classic British ‘plexi’ sound all the way.
- Format: Dual-channel head
- High Power:
- 45 watts high power/fixed bias
- 30 watts high power/cathode bias
- 6 watts low power fixed or cathode bias
- Valves: 4 x 12AX7, 2 x EL34
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 480 x 235 x 235mm including handle, feet & controls
- Weight: 12.5kg / 27.5lbs
V40 Deluxe lives up to its name in stunning cream vinyl over traditional wooden cabinets with leather corners and handles for a modern-boutique look. You can expect classic American cleans through to pushed tweedy grit and on to driven British blues-rock. This is one for the feel players: a boutique-standard tone machine for home, studio, and stage.
- Format: Single-channel head
- Power: 42 Watts high power / 7 watts low power
- Valves: 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7, 2 x 6L6
- Size (mm): 485(w) x 260(h) x 255(d) includes leather corners, feet and handle.
- Weight: 12.5kg / 27.5lbs
Victory’s classic rocking all-valve pedal preamp, V4 the Sheriff is ready to breathe new life into your guitar amp, pedalboard or recording rig. V4 The Sheriff features classic rock and modded ‘plexi’ tones based on Victory’s Sheriff 22 and Sheriff 44 amplifiers.
The V4 Countess is definitely no ordinary overdrive pedal. V4 The Countess features Clean and overdrive modes based on V30 The Countess developed with Guthrie Govan. The V4 Countess is a two-channel, all-valve pedal preamp that delivers genuine valve overdrive.
Victory’s hardest rocking all-valve pedal preamp! V4 The Kraken features heavy, progressive and extended-range tones from VX The Kraken, developed with Rabea Massaad. V4 The Kraken is a two-channel pedal preamp that delivers genuine all-valve overdrive.
The AMS family is growing all the time, and we are beyond excited to add Victory Amps to it. If you are in the market for a new tube amp head on over to American Musical Supply today to check out these amps and more from Victory!